Monday 10 November 2014

A day at the seaside

Well half a day actually due to an unfortunate incident on the way. A rear end shunt forced me to pull over and the unfortunate driver of the other vehicle could only watch as his cars front end disintegrated in front of his eyes! I was lucky I could drive off, he had to be towed.
So I arrived at Flamborough on Sunday about midday and bumped into David Aitken, warden for Bempton, in the car park who informed me the Citrine Wagtail was still showing on the beach. Hurriedly I went the 200 yards or so to the beach to find the wagtail had been flushed up the beach by a Woodcock fresh in off the sea!
After half an hour of searching I spotted the Citrine back where it had apparently been found earlier in the day. It showed really well in good light.


Whilst talking to David he informed me that the Rough Legged Buzzard was showing well near Grindale just outside Bridlington about 5 miles away. So off I went and promptly found the group of birdwatchers and photographers by the side of the road. I found a gap in the hedge and the beautiful bird was feeding on a strategically placed hare by the edge of the field. It fed for about 10 minuets then flew to the hedge were it preened until I left.


No comments:

Post a Comment